Thursday, June 30, 2011

Today is officially the last day of my appointment at Cal, although I'm around for a few more weeks. I'm still somewhat in denial of my impending move to Atlanta, where I'll be a fellow at the Fox Center at Emory for the next year. Part of that is my reluctance to leave the Bay Area (and my fantastic 1908 Leola Hall-designed Elmwood apartment); most of it is the enormous pain in the ass of a cross-country move.
Hall was known for her built-ins.

But I'm looking forward to the year's work, which will mainly be on my book, and to hanging out with my new Emory and ATL-area colleagues. I'll also teach an undergraduate course in the spring. (On lady robots? Undoubtedly.)

Including my postdoctoral year, I'll have spent nearly eight years in Berkeley. It's been a good run.

[Obligatory Georgia-related link. Come to think of it, I probably need a playlist if I'm going to get all this packing done. Suggestions welcome.]

8 comments:

Ryan Shaw said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSfjyGPMejc

Natalia said...

Ha. Thank you, Ryan.

Will Fitzgerald said...

I suppose you can't go wrong with Gladys Knight, but don't forget Georgia.

Natalia said...

Of course not. By the way, this is a pretty crazy playlist so far.

Margaret said...

Natalia, I loved seeing this pic of your apartment--happy memories of orals study group and your crazy-amazing baked goods. Good luck with the move to Atlanta! xo M

Natalia said...

Thanks, Margaret! Man, those were good times. But how come you don't have a song for my moving playlist?

Hillary said...

Uh, you must include the Band of Horses cover of Cee Lo Green's "Georgia." you can get the single on iTunes.

Natalia said...

Heh. You can always be relied on for good recommendations, H. Thanks.